Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Kewa Datshi (Bhutanese Potato and Cheese curry)

Disclaimer: I am posting what I think goes into making this curry. This was made by my brother, who doesn't like anybody around while he cooks! :D So I was unable to check what he did or photograph it!


Ingredients:
Potato spuds
Cheese
Onions - sliced
Tomatoes - sliced
Ginger - sliced
Dried red chillies (round)
Chilli powder
Turmeric powder
Salt
Butter (or oil)

Method:
Cook the potato spuds in a pan of water, along with butter and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Just before the potatoes are done, add the cheese, onions and chillies. Garnish with coriander leaves.

Postscript: My brother makes ema datshi (chillies and cheese curry) and shamu datshi (mushroom and cheese curry) too.

3 comments:

  1. Hehe! Thanks Shri!
    The next time he makes it, I will somehow persuade him to let me photograph it or make him tell me how it is made....

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D !
    I have some leftover mushrooms; can you persuade him, with regards to Shamu Datshi..soon?

    ReplyDelete

Share